SAVE THE DATE
Gateway’s Third Annual MobilePack: Sept. 13-15, 2018!
Grab your hairnets, rustle up a team and let’s make a worldwide impact!
Just as we did in 2016 and 2017, Gateway will host a Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) MobilePack event. For 2018, Gateway will purchase enough ingredients to feed 435 children for a year, but we want to do more. We will purchase as many additional meals as possible (based on external donations) through July 2018.
Here’s how you can help us feed more starving children:
1) Think about that invite: Who do you want to bring? Friends, neighbors, coworkers, family members – who would benefit from visiting Gateway?
A. Registration for the two-hour packing shifts begins in early August – actual shifts and times will be linked here once we know how many meals we can pack.
B. MobilePack roles range from packing meals to helping with the check-in desk, running child care, setting up and cleaning up, feeding the FMSC team during the event, etc. If you’re willing, we’ve got a spot for you!
2) Let’s make a work connection: Let us help you contact your employer or other group to secure external donations, which helps us feed more starving kids. We can provide info for you to make the charitable giving request, or you can make the introduction and we will do it for you. Whatever is easiest for you!
A. A $1,000 or more donation from an external group allows pre-registration for preferred shift date/time for a packing station of 15-20, so don’t miss out!
By getting involved, you can be a part of Gateway’s growing history with FMSC:
In 2016, with the help of 455 volunteers, we packed 124,416 meals – enough to feed 341 children for an entire year! Check out video highlights here:
In 2017, we made an even bigger impact with the help of over 1,000 volunteers packing 272,160 meals – enough to feed 745 children for an entire year! See last year’s highlights here:
Still need convincing? This is why we’re involved:
- Gateway missionaries Laura and Ybene Dalla are based in Haiti, where FMSC meals directly impact the mission work they’re doing. The Dallas spoke at last year’s MobilePack event, outlining how FMSC helps feed starving children in their village – check out their message here:
- 6,200 children die from hunger-related causes every day (>2 million per year).
- FMSC produced more than 284 million meals last year, and 99.8 percent reached their intended destination.
- FMSC has received Charity Navigator’s highest 4-star rating for 12 consecutive years – more than 90 percent of all FMSC funds go directly toward feeding children in need, and 100 percent of donations to the Gateway MobilePack go toward purchasing meal ingredients.
- Each FMSC meal costs $0.22, and $80 will pay for 365 meals to feed a starving child for a year.
- $1,000 pays for the ingredients for a packing station of approximately 15 people for a two-hour shift, feeding 12 children for a year.
- $10,000 will pay for a full packing shift of ~200 volunteers, feeding 124 children for a year.
- Anyone age 5+ can volunteer.
If you have any questions, email Can’t wait to serve with you!